CTGers Share the Benefits of Working Remotely
For many employers and employees, transitioning to a remote work environment felt like a whole new world. Some CTGers have worked remotely for years while others are now working from home for the first time. Read what CTGers have to say about why they enjoy working remotely.
"I love working from home these days. I feel like the pace of life is a little slower. I feel I’ve found a better work/life balance. I love not dealing with traffic. I have a senior dog (almost 16) and it’s great having all this extra time with her. She stays in my office all day long with me. I also enjoy being able to spend my lunch break with my son most days when he has remote school."
"I like using the time I would be commuting to fit in more time to exercise, whether it’s an online class or a walk outside."
"What I like about working from home is that you don’t have to get so dressed up for work. Also you don’t have the commute both ways."
"The better work/life balance that can be achieved without having to spend time traveling to and from my client!"
"My favorite thing about working remote is being able to work with my daughter next to me. Seeing her smiling face is the best thing in the world."
"I love having more time in the evenings to decompress and walk my dog, exercise, and make dinner. I have more energy and pre-COVID-19 I was actually able to be consistent with going to a gym class after work."
"The silver lining is I can crank up the music as loud as I want to without bothering others."
"The most enjoyable thing to working remotely for me is the assurance of lowering my risk of getting COVID-19. The other things are less gas/car maintenance and more time at home."
"What I like most about home work is the time that I win each day. In my case that is around 2 hours a day. When I leave home in the morning, I never know when I will be at the office, because that depends on the traffic, the weather, possible accidents, and so on. When you work from home, all your time is well spent and moreover, when you end your day, you’re home!"
"The things I like best about working from home:
- Save on commute time
- Better focus with less interruptions
- Reduced exposure to COVID-19
- Puppies at my feet"
"For me, working from home means my family can make my work/life balance a lot easier. If I need to drop my little one off because my wife has unexpectedly been asked to work, or if I need to support a client outside of working hours I can be flexible and cover that.
It also saves me about 10 hours per week on commuting and reduces my overall carbon footprint as I don't have to use transport to be in the office for work that can be done perfectly well from home.
Plus, it means I have skimmed milk in my tea rather than semi-skimmed because Graham doesn't like skimmed."
"Personally, I find that teleworking is interesting insofar as we are much more available and more focused on our tasks."
- "During the summer, a small break in the garden
- Having lunch with my family
- Not knowing what a car jam is anymore
- For unknown reasons, people are much more on time for meetings"
"What I like most about working remotely from home is the fact that it saves me about 2.5/3 hours of commute time a day! This makes me more productive and I gain extra 'quality time.'"
"Working from home cuts down the commute time. As a working woman and busy mom for two fussy toddlers, each and every minute counts in my daily routine. I can save about 1 to 1.30 hours per day on commute due to WFH.
- The commute cost becomes less
- WFH gives me flexibility"
"I love the time it takes me to reach office in the morning and then back home in the evening after work. Less than a minute. Yes, just under a minute. This enables me divert all the time and energy that was to be spent on the road to items that are important to my company and myself."
"My favorite thing about working remotely is saving the time from commuting (more than two hours per day with Parisian traffic jams!). I can start working earlier or finish later. I also achieve a much better work/life balance when I work from home: I can enjoy more time with my family and doing my workouts at home."
"In my opinion, the benefits are precisely of two types:
- Time advantage: Working from home saves me two hours of travel time per day.
- Productivity benefits: The time saved on the trips allows me to spend more time on my project while being home earlier."
"The best thing about telework is avoiding the two hours of travel per day with the traffic jams that go with it, as well as being able to enjoy a little more of your family life."
- "Tranquility: Working in a healthy and soothing environment (home), avoiding unnecessary stress due to travel and delays, as well as escaping the busy atmosphere of working in an open-space environment.
- Efficiency: As a result, the quality of my work is equal (hopefully even better) and I don't encounter any technical obstacles related to working remotely.
- The understanding with my colleagues has never been better.
- Also, the sleeping time is a very positive point as well as avoiding the risks related to various seasonal diseases (Flu, cold, COVID-19, Chickenpox, runny nose, etc.)."
"Teleworking provides a real time savings related to the trips between home and the client/company (about 3 hours, 15 minutes round trip, as far as I'm concerned).
It also offers me the possibility to have a real adaptation to my schedule (whether from a professional or personal point of view), which allows me to avoid accumulating unnecessary stress."
"For me the best things about teleworking are:
- I don´t have to waste time with a daily commute, and I have three more hours in my day
- People come to meetings more prepared, and meetings are shorter and more structured
- I have time for daily walks and exercise, which is great for my health"
"All the true stories about what can happen when you are on a conference call:
- A participants is slurping coffee or tea without realizing the mute button is off.
- The doorbell rings and the meeting host has to interrupt the meeting and open the door for the package delivery guy.
- One of the meeting participants, not realizing they are unmuted, gets interesting questions from his child who is also in the same room making drawings. I believe the question was, 'Daddy, what shall I draw now?' The father answered ' Draw another sheep, honey.'
- A young father was giving an important presentation to about 10 people when suddenly his baby, who was apparently sleeping in the same room, woke up and started to sing loudly for food. The father was on baby duty and started to hush the baby, talk with a high pitch, and try to comfort and calm down the baby… and at the same time he was apologizing and trying to do the presentation. All fathers in the call could relate to the situation and tried to comfort the presenter so he wouldn’t be that nervous. It made everyone relate and bond in a more humane and considerate way. It was a great presentation!"
"Direct access to the fridge!"
"I have time to take the kids to school instead of being stuck in a traffic jam!"
"In a few words: I really like working remotely because of the traffic jams. I live 100 km away from the CTG office, and as a sales person I am on the road a lot for customer visits.
What I see, and enjoy, is that customers are getting used to the new way of working in a digital world, but I cannot say that I don’t miss the personal contacts, the chats at the coffee machine, etc.
So the combination of both worlds would be my perfect world!"
"What I like the most about working remotely is that I can spend more time with my family and friends in the evenings, as well as having more time for personal care, such as going to the gym or arranging doctor/dentist appointments outside of working hours."
"What it is working remotely?
Working from home is wearing thin.
I have now forgotten where I have been.
I prefer to meet people toe to toe.
This would alleviate by feeling of woe.
The ability to work from home for an extended period of time.
It is amazing the ability to work and have the support is prime.
Healthy, working from home, and working with gratitude
And also looking forward to this pandemic to conclude."
CTG's Thought Leadership Team
A collection of industry and solution experts
Press Release: CTG Announces Changes in European Executive Leadership
Press Release: CTG Earnings per Share Increased 50% in First Quarter 2022 Despite Planned Lower Revenue as Digital Transformation Drives Improved Earnings Power
Press Release: CTG Announces First Quarter 2022 Financial Results Conference Call and Webcast
Press Release: CTG to Webcast Presentation at the Sidoti Spring 2022 Virtual Investor Conference
How CTG can help you achieve your desired business outcomes through digital transformation.
Send us a short message by completing the contact form and we’ll respond as soon as possible, or call us directly.
Social media cookies must be enabled to allow sharing over social networks.